The EQA Roots & Shoots Youth Brigade
July 16, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until July 30, 2020
Are you a tween or teen who wants to make a difference? Then become a member The Eastern Queens Alliance’s Roots and Shoots Youth Brigade.
Summer online meetings started July 3rd but you can still join!
The Roots and Shoots Youth Brigade is a leadership service program for youth.
Roots & Shoots empowers young people to become the type of leaders who will make right choices to build a better world. Through the program, youth lead local change through service while developing skills. Youth will:
• Help plan and participate in service projects that tackle issues through action.
• Meet and work with other youth activists who are changing the world! Youth don’t have to wait until adulthood to lead us towards a better world.
• Commit to taking action. Young people can have power!! Youth pack a big punch when they commit to taking positive action.
Youth worldwide work on:
• Local Issues dealing with the:
◦ Human Community and the Human Condition:
◦ Natural Environment;
◦ Environmental Health Issues for All Living Things,
• Community Sustainability
• Environmental and Social Justice Campaigns, etc.
Through community mapping and assessment, they identify the issues that they believe are important and select the campaigns on which they want to work.