- This event has passed.
Public Art Commission Coordinator Opportunity
August 16, 2018Free
Queens Council on the Arts seeks a Public Art Commission Coordinator to assist in the management of a public art project. This Coordinator will manage the artist-selection process through a two step process that will (1) identify 5 finalists who will create proposals and (2) select one of those finalists to receive the commission to create a public artwork for the Stark Family Plaza located at Phipps Houses in Far Rockaway, Queens.
The Public Art Commission Coordinator is responsible for the following:
• disseminate a call to artists
• promote the public art commission opportunity
• share information with artists in information sessions
• manage the selection process by organizing and facilitating a panel
• provide guidance and support to finalists
The Public Art Commission Coordinator will have the ability to:
• engage local artists in creating community-centric public art projects
• assist artists in researching ways to translate their art in a way that is suitable for a public environment
• assist and guide artists in creating a project that speaks to a local, public audience, that is affordable, durable and well executed
This is an independent contractor position.
Compensation: $5,000 (from July to December 2018)
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Art Commission Coordinator” in the subject line.