- This event has passed.
NYS Senator Comrie’s Home Heating Assistance Session
December 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Tuesday, repeating until December 18, 2018
NYS Senator Leroy Comrie and HeartShare invite all homeowners to a workshop on Home Heating Assistance. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps low-income people pay the cost of heating their homes. Your may be eligible if:
– You and the members of your household are U.S. citizens, U.S. non-citizen nationals or qualified aliens; and
– You provide a valid Social Security number for each household member; and
– You receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, temporary assistance or Supplemental Secure Income; or
– Your monthly household income is at or below the HEAP income guidelines
– You may be eligible for HEAP, even if you own your own home, pay or heat as part of your rent, or have money in the bank, stocks, bonds or other resources.
To make an appointment for the HEAP program in my office, please call (718) 765-6359.