- This event has passed.
Position: Assistant Cook (full time, 35 hours)
Description: Under the direction of the Head Cook ensure that congregate meals are prepared according to our DFTA standardized recipes and cooked to the appropriate food temperatures deemed by the Department of Health and DFTA for meal service. Assist Head Cook with the daily supervision of volunteers and other food service workers, particularly as it relates to food production, cleanliness of kitchen, and storage areas.
Work Location: 220-01 Linden Blvd., Cambria Heights, NY 11411
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have NYC Certificate of Food Protection.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time as needed
• 2 (two) years’ experience in a fast-paced kitchen
• At least one (1) year experience working with senior citizens preferred.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Melissa Y. Marcus, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants.
Alpha Phi Alpha Senior Citizens Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.